Express yourself exploring your shape and learning about your body style. There is more to fashion than just putting on a dress. In fashion, before a dress can be considered for any occasion, it has to be verified after considering different factors. One main factor to consider is the body shape. The reason why a slim lady and a chubby lady would wear the same cloth and one would look more elegant than the other is mainly because of the difference in body shape. What fits a slim lady may not fit a chubby lady and a dress suitable for a busty lady will obviously be unfit for a flat lady.
It would be unfair for you, your time and money if you shop just because you love the cloths. No matter how class or sweet a dress is, if it doesn’t fit your body shape, then it is not for you. I know that it might be an herculean task to figure out your shape and what fits, but really, if you take out time to know your body, then you can save your money and the time you spent in dressing up and having to ask if your dress actually looks good. People do not just say ‘Hey dearie, you look good, can I have a picture with you?’ but everyone wants to meet a lady whose look is a product of earlier knowledge about what fits her. Often times, people have even developed inferiority complex because no one seems to appreciate them in social gatherings. It’s not like they do not like you, you only have to work on what works best on you. Therefore, in order to make you look as fashionable, elegant and attractive as you want to be, I would make a list of body shapes and essentials necessary for a change.
- The Pear Shape: If your waist up to your shoulder is slim, and your hips are wide and moulded, then you have a pear-like shape. If you are in that category, it would be best to put on tight (not extreme) fitting as well as waist cut dresses. Do not leave out high waist jean trousers. They would easily reveal your curves and make you look attractive
- The ‘V’ shape: your body is ‘V’ shaped if your bust is full and your shoulder is broader than your hips. The best kind of wears will be pleated or flared skirts to make your hips look full, then fitted tops that would make you look slim. Also, do not wear fitting gowns but free straight or flare.
- The straight shape: People with straight body shape have their shoulders, waist and hips to be of same size. I mean, one is not more pronounced than the other. If you are in this category, it would be nice to wear fitting gowns, ruffles skirts and also accessorize your body with waist belt. With that, your body gives an appealing move.
- The top-heavy shape: Some refer to this as the apple shape. People in this category have wide shoulders, big tommy, broad hips and thin legs. Avoid wearing really high heels, also, wear bodily voluminous skirts so it would concentrate in your legs. You can also you waist belts to make obvious your hips.
- The sand glass shape: This body type naturally comes with tiny waist. The shoulders and hips are broad, then you have a slim waist that reveals the curves. The most suitable for this kind of shape is body-con wears and peplum tops, jumpsuits or gowns. The peplum gives your hips a round figure.
No-one is ugly and no-one is better than the other. We only see one as better based on how their body structure fits whatever they wear All you have to do is stand in front a mirror and with the above list, determine your body shape. If it seems difficult, get a friend to measure you so you can get the differences.
To be an ideal representation of fashion, learn to know yourself.